FALLS CHURCH, Va. –
Looking for an easier way to manage your prescriptions? Tired of waiting at a pharmacy to pick up your medications? The Express Scripts mobile app
can help you access your TRICARE pharmacy benefit
and securely manage the medicine you take.
“The mobile app is convenient, accessible, and simple for you to use,” said U.S. Public Health Service Cmdr. Teisha Robertson, a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Operations Division at the Defense Health Agency. “It’s like a pharmacy-on-the-go. It lets TRICARE beneficiaries refill and track their prescriptions anytime and anywhere.”
The mobile app is free. You can visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download it.
To get started, log in to the app with your TRICARE Express Scripts username and password. If you don’t have an account, you can register for one
. Once you’ve signed in on your phone, you can use the app to:
- Order prescriptions. You can view which prescriptions are due for refill or renewal, and reorder medications. If you have any questions about your order, you can connect with a pharmacist 24/7.
- Track orders. You can track your current order’s estimated ship date and then track the order in transit.
- Set up automatic refills. If your medications are eligible, you can set up and manage automatic refills through the app. Express Scripts will refill and ship prescriptions when 25% of your current prescription is remaining. That way, you never run out of medication.
- Pay bills. You can make secure payments from the mobile app. The app will show your current balance on your account. You have several payment options as well as the option to set up automatic payments.
- Manage medications. You can set dose reminders that alert you to take your medication. This will help you stick to a steady routine and be less likely to miss a pill.
- Move prescriptions to home delivery. If you have an existing prescription at a military or retail network pharmacy, you may be able to request home delivery. You can see which medications are eligible for home delivery within the mobile app. As stated in the TRICARE Pharmacy Program Overview, you can get up to a 90-day supply of most medications mailed to you for the applicable copayment with free standard shipping with home delivery. You can also see if your medication is covered through home delivery by using the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool. Keep in mind, some limits on home delivery may apply overseas.
Do you have questions about your pharmacy benefit or prescription costs? Be sure to check out the TRICARE Pharmacy Program Handbook
and TRICARE Costs and Fees Sheet.
Take command of your TRICARE pharmacy benefit
. Download the Express Scripts mobile app
today for an easy way to manage your prescriptions.