Benefits During a Disaster
When the government issues a State of Emergency, TRICARE may allow different processes than usual for your medical care. This might include:
- Early prescription refills
- Blanket waivers for referrals and authorizations
- Other emergency benefits
TRICARE Disaster Alerts will announce any emergency benefits.
Emergency Prescription Refills
To get an emergency refill, take your prescription bottle to any TRICARE retail network pharmacy. To find a network pharmacy:
If you can, visit the pharmacy where you originally filled the prescription.
- If you use a retail chain, you can fill your prescription at another store in that chain.
- If your provider is able, they may call in a new prescription to any network pharmacy.
- You can ask for help at another pharmacy. But it's at that pharmacy's discretion to help you.
Primary Care Manager Referral Waivers
- If you're displaced during a disaster, you might not be able to get to your primary care manager (PCM) if you need a referral for care.
- If a referral waiver is in place, you may not have to get a referral from your PCM to see a TRICARE authorized provider. The disaster alert will include which areas are in the waiver and other instructions.