FALLS CHURCH, Va. –
Don’t let managing your dental coverage be confusing. There is an online tool to help you access, review, and manage your TRICARE Dental Program
(TDP) benefit information in one place. It’s called My Account
should be your starting point anytime you have questions about your dental coverage,” said Doug Elsesser, program analyst with the Defense Health Agency’s TRICARE Dental Program. “You can find all the information, updates, and options on your TRICARE Dental Program benefit through My Account
, and you can access it 24 hours a day.”
What can you do with My Account
? You can:
- Review your benefits to make sure you’re covered for dental procedures.
- Register with an applicable chronic medical condition through the “Manage My Wellness” section, so you can receive enhanced periodontal benefits.
- Register to receive dental-specific updates and wellness information.
- Register to receive important TDP updates.
- See your claim statements or dental explanations of benefits (DEOB).
- View messages from the TDP contractor, United Concordia Companies, Inc. (United Concordia) about the TDP.
- Find a TDP network dentist near you if you live in the TDP CONUS service area.
- Find a TRICARE OCONUS Preferred Dentist near you if you live in the TDP OCONUS service area.
- Pay your bill one time or set up recurring payments (direct bill only). Most TDP enrollees have an automatic sponsor payroll allotment for monthly premium payments.
Visit the TDP website
to access My Account
. First-time users can create an account by following the instructions for setting up an account on the page. Otherwise, you can log in to your My Account
using your DS Logon.
Don’t forget to keep you and your family’s information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
(DEERS) up to date. As outlined in the TRICARE Dental Program Handbook
, your TDP enrollment information must match the information in DEERS. If information isn’t the same, it may affect your TDP coverage. Common examples of when you should update your DEERS record:
- Getting married
- Giving birth or adopting
The TDP is a voluntary dental program for active duty family members, as well as National Guard and Reserve members and their family members. If you have questions about TDP eligibility or coverage, explore resources available on the TRICARE website
and TDP website
. If you have TDP, you can also reach out to United Concordia
about your TDP benefits.
Would you like the latest TRICARE news sent to you by email? Visit the TRICARE Subscriptions page today, and create your personalized profile to get benefit updates, news, and more.